If you’re a vegan or vegetarian living in Baltimore, you’re in luck. This area is packed with restaurants suited to your needs with flavors that will keep you coming back for more!
Here’s a look at 10 of the best vegan & vegetarian restaurants in Baltimore:
- Located at 1210 N. Charles St. Baltimore, MD 21201
- Hours: 8:00am-7:00pm Monday-Friday; 9:00am-7:00pm Saturday; 9:00am-1:00pm Sunday
If you’re starting your transition into vegan living, this place is worth a visit. French toast, mac 'n' cheese, and a bacon cheeseburger are just some of the highlights that keep locals coming back again and again.
- Located at 840 N. Eutaw St. Baltimore, MD 21201
- Hours: 11:00am-9:00pm Monday-Saturday; 10:00am-8:00pm Sunday
Started by a vegan chef, the Land of Kush serves up the area’s first brand of “vegan soul food.” BBQ ribs, cornbread, vegan drummies, and so much more make this spot a must for anyone looking for comfort food with a healthy twist.
- Located at 1201 S. Charles St. Baltimore, MD 21230
- Hours: 11:00am-11:00pm Sunday-Wednesday; 11:00am-12:00am Thursday; 11:00am-3:00am Friday-Saturday
Baltimore vegans can get the best of both worlds at &pizza. This spot gives you the option to build your own pizza with vegan mozzarella, vegan sausage, and other healthy alternatives, so you never have to miss out on this favorite again.
- Located at 301 W. 29th St. Baltimore, MD 21211
- Hours: 10:00am-9:00pm Monday-Thursday; 10:00am-10:00pm Friday-Saturday; 10:00am-9:00pm Sunday
Located inside R. House, Stall 11 features modern twists on international plant-based street food. You can nosh on Korean BBQ Cauliflower, enjoy a Funghi Philly sandwich, or cool off with a smoothie. No matter what you order, you will experience the freshness of food that’s “farm to fork.”
- Located at 1105 W. 36th St. Baltimore, MD 21211
- Hours: Check the website for hours!
With an eclectic atmosphere and classic eats, the Golden West Cafe is a local hotspot. Vegans can enjoy a selection of cauliflower wings, brussel sprouts, burritos, and much more, made with locally-sourced ingredients, so you are guaranteed to have a fresh, unmistakably Baltimore meal.
- Located at 806 N. Charles St. Baltimore, MD 21201
- Hours: 5:00pm-10:00pm Sunday-Thursday; 5:00pm-11:00pm Friday-Saturday
Bringing Afghan cuisine to Baltimore, the Helmand is perfect for mixing things up. They feature a Veggie Platter and an array of other yummy vegetarian entrees, so no one has to miss out on trying something new at this unique restaurant.
- Located at 1634 Aliceanna St. Baltimore, MD 21231
- Hours: 11:30am-10:30pm Sunday-Wednesday; 11:30am-11:00pm Thursday-Saturday
If you’re in the mood for Asian, check out Sticky Rice. This spot serves up a selection of vegan and vegetarian dishes, including sushi, noodle bowls, and their popular vegan pot stickers. With delivery options available, it’s the perfect place to quickly satisfy those cravings.
- Located at Fells Point (1626 Aliceanna St. Baltimore, MD 21231)
- Hours: 12:00pm-7:00pm Wednesday-Sunday; closed Monday-Tuesday
Featured in our “4 Restaurants with Delicious Healthy Food Options in Baltimore” post, Liquid Earth is ideal for those who follow a healthy eating philosophy. With an array of raw, fresh, and organic items available, you can have a meal that is as nutrient-rich as it is delicious.
- Located at 11 W. Preston St. Baltimore MD, 21201
- Hours: 11:00am-6:00pm Monday-Friday; 12:00pm-6:00pm Saturday-Sunday
On a chilly day, nothing’s better than a cup of soup. Luckily, Soup’s On serves vegan, vegetarian, and organic soups that are sure to warm you up and give you the cozy comforts of home. Click here for a look at what’s cooking at Soup’s On today.
- Located at 127 W. 27th St. Baltimore, MD 21218
- Hours: Bar & Restaurant: 4:30pm-10:30 pm Sunday-Thursday, 4:30pm-11:00pm Friday-Saturday; Cafe & Bakery: 9:00am-10:30pm daily
Catering to dietary needs, Sweet 27 Bar & Restaurant offers food for everyone. You can enjoy an appetizer, burger, and more in the restaurant, or take a vegan tofu scramble or quinoa to go in the cafe. No matter what you choose, you will not be disappointed.
For even more restaurant recommendations, check out our blog:
Check out our favorite Vietnamese, Indian, Cantonese, and Chinese restaurants in the Balti...
Looking for healthy food that's delicious? Fortunately, the Baltimore area has some ex...