Shop Local This Holiday Season: Your Guide to Supporting Baltimore Area Businesses
The holidays are a great time to support local businesses, so while you make your list (and check it twice), check out our list of 10 awesome Baltimore area shops for gifts.
Here is your guide to shopping local this holiday season:
- Located at 921 W. 36th St. Baltimore, MD 21211
- Hours: 11:00am-7:00pm Monday-Thursday; 11:00am-8:00pm Friday; 10:00am-8:00pm Saturday; 11:00am-6:00pm Sunday
With a mix of urban grit and southern sensibility, Trohv is your one-stop shop for gifts everyone will enjoy. From cards to kitchenware and baby gifts to vintage decor, you are sure to find that special item for that equally special person.
- Located at 516 N. Charles St. Baltimore, MD 21201
- Hours: 10:00am-6:00pm Monday-Saturday; 11:00am-6:00pm Sunday
To find a gift with purpose, check out A People United. This boutique features unique handcrafted garments, jewelry, and tapestries that are ideal for the zen person in your life, with a socially conscious message that reaches developing nations around the world.
- Located at 2910 O'Donnell St. Baltimore, MD 21224
- Hours: 12:00pm-7:00pm Tuesday-Friday; 10:00am-7:00pm Saturday; 10:00am-4:00pm Sunday; closed Monday (hours subject to change monthly)
Another shopping spot for everyone on your list is 2910 on the Square. This shop has wall art, kids’ gifts, office gifts, and even a section for gifts under $20, so you can stay within the “Secret Santa” budget and still deliver awesome presents.
- Located at 7118 Harford Rd. Baltimore, MD 21234 (Parkville); 3608 Falls Rd. Baltimore, MD 21211 (Hampden)
- Hours: 12:00pm-8:00pm Monday-Saturday; 12:00pm-6:00pm Sunday (both locations)
For the skater in your life, check out Vu Skateboard Shop. This place has fun decks, new wheels, crazy tees, and other accessories that will make perfect gifts for everyone from enthusiasts to avid collectors.
- Located at 314 Wyndhurst Ave. Baltimore, MD 21210
- Hours: 10:00am-5:00pm Tuesday-Friday; 10:00am-12:00pm Saturday; always by appointment
This year, make your gifts extra special by adding a personal touch. The Monogram Shop offers home decor, clothes, and accessories with the option for in-house monogramming, so your friends and family can have something that is uniquely theirs.
- Located at 7002 Reisterstown Rd. Baltimore, MD 21215
- Hours: 11:00am-6:30pm Monday-Tuesday; 11:00am-7:00pm Wednesday-Thursday; 10:00am-3:00pm Friday; 11:00am-5:00pm Sunday; closed Saturday
When all else fails, you can’t go wrong with candy! The Candy Store features chocolate, sugar-free, and novelty candy, plus dried fruit, nuts, and Chanukah candy, so no one has to miss out on the gift of a sweet treat.
- Located at 6080 Falls Rd. Baltimore, MD 21209
- Hours: 10:00am-7:00pm Monday-Friday; 10:00am-6:00pm Saturday; 11:00am-5:00pm Sunday
For those bona fide bookworms on your list, check out the Ivy Bookshop. This independent shop specializes in fiction, nonfiction, art, cooking, and much more. Give the gift of adventure with help from the Ivy.
- Located at 1848 Reisterstown Rd. Pikesville, MD 21208; Towson Town Center (Ste. 196 Towson, MD 21204)
- Hours: Pikesville: 10:00am-6:00pm Monday-Thursday, 10:00am-4:00pm Friday, closed Saturday-Sunday; Towson Town Center: 10:00am-8:00pm Monday-Tuesday & Thursday-Saturday; 10:00am-7:00pm Wednesday, closed Sunday
Jewelry is always a great gift idea and Radcliffe Jewelers sells some of the finest in Baltimore. Rolex watches, diamonds, designer handbags, and more allow you to show your love in a big way this holiday season.
- Located at 5909 Falls Rd. Baltimore MD 21209
- Hours: 10:00am-8:00pm Monday-Friday; 10:00am-5:00pm Saturday; closed Sunday
If you’re looking for a gift for a cigar fan, stop by Mt. Washington Cigar Co. Stunning ashtrays, top-of-the-line cutters, beautiful humidors, and much more make perfect presents that your friend or family member will love.
- Located at 201 W. Saratoga St. Baltimore, MD 21201
- Hours: 9:00am-7:00pm Monday-Saturday; closed Sunday
For an original gift, stop by the International Fragrance Shop. Here, you can find body oils, perfumes, candle oils, and much more, all made with natural ingredients. If your loved one has grown tired of the same mall fragrance set, mix things up with help from this local spot.
Our blog is brimming with helpful information + tips!
Keep on exploring right here:
The holidays are around the corner and the Baltimore area is packed with fun and interesti...
The Baltimore area is filled with specialty supermarkets that will make your next Thanksgi...