10 Amazing Places to Get Dessert in Baltimore
There’s certainly no shortage of yummy dessert options available in Baltimore and we’ve rounded up some of the very best! From ice cream, to cookies, cupcakes, and more, there’s something for every sweet tooth.
Here’s a look at 10 amazing places to get dessert in Baltimore:
- Located at 801 W. 36th St. Baltimore, MD 21211
- Hours: 12:00pm-10:00pm Sunday-Thursday; 12:00pm-11:00pm Friday-Saturday
If you’re looking for premium ice cream that’s unmistakably Baltimore, you have to check out the Charmery. This spot uses local ingredients to bring you unique flavors like Sesame & Sunflowers and Earl Grey Gingersnap, as well as an ever-rotating sundae menu and other treats that are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. Promising “happiness through ice cream,” the Charmery is a must.
- Located at 2839 O’ Donnell St. Baltimore, MD 21224 (Canton); 810 W. 36th St. Baltimore, MD 21211 (Hampden)
- Hours: Canton: 10:00am-10:00pm Monday-Thursday, 10:00am-12:00am Friday, 9:00am-12:00am Saturday, 9:00am-10:00pm Sunday; Hampden: 10:00am-10:00pm Monday-Thursday & Sunday, 10:00am-11:00pm Friday-Saturday
Don’t let the rock-n-roll environment intimidate you; the pies at Dangerously Delicious are true to their name! They offer a wide assortment of sweet pies fit for any palate, as well as a decent selection of savory pies and quiches for those who want something more substantial. Whether you’re hosting a party or just want a slice for yourself, this shop is a pie lover’s dream.
- Located at 1051 S. Charles St. Baltimore, MD 21230
- Hours: 12:00pm-7:00pm Tuesday-Thursday; 12:00pm-8:00pm Friday-Saturday; 12:00pm-5:00pm Sunday; closed Monday
Cupcake lovers will absolutely love the delicious selections available at Midnite Confections Cupcakery. Signature treats like their black velvet cupcake are perfect for traditional fans, while their “After Hours,” “Strangeloves,” and “Temptations” selections are ideal for those who are a little more adventurous. Baked fresh everyday, these cupcakes pack a ton of flavor in a small package. Grab yours today!
- Located at 3120 St. Paul St. #7 Baltimore, MD 21218
- Hours: 7:00am-9:00pm Monday-Saturday; 8:00am-9:00pm Sunday
A simple cafe serving up breakfast, lunch, and dinner options, Carma’s Cafe also features some of the best cookies Baltimore has to offer. They have classic standbys like chocolate chip and oatmeal raisin, as well as fun selections like their popular pink dalmations and cappuccino chews. Whether you grab one for yourself or a bag to share, you won’t regret making a stop here.
- Located at 2010 Clipper Park Rd. Baltimore, MD 21211
- Hours: 5:00pm-10:00pm Monday-Thursday; 5:00pm-11:00pm Friday; 10:00am-2:00pm & 5:00pm-11:00pm Saturday; 10:00am-2:00pm & 5:00pm-9:00pm Sunday
With the perfect blend of casual elegance, the Woodberry Kitchen is ideal for everything from a simple lunch to a nice dinner. While you’re here, don’t skip dessert; they have a signature “Good Ol’ CMP” (made with cream ice cream, hot fudge, toasted marshmallow, and wet peanuts) that is to die for, as well as a wonderful array of other yummy sweet options. If you’re looking to really treat yourself, this is the place to go.
- Located at 2928 O'Donnell St. Baltimore MD 21224
- Winter Hours: 1:30pm-10:00pm Monday-Friday; 12:00pm-10:30pm Saturday; 12:00pm-10:00pm Sunday
If you want a delicious dessert without all of the calories, Cup Love cannot be beat. They serve up authentic Greek frozen yogurt with a ton of great flavors and toppings, plus cupcakes that are as beautiful as they are tasty. With gluten-free, low-sugar, vegan, and multigrain options to choose from, there’s something for everyone to enjoy at this sweet spot.
- Located at 2914 Hamilton Ave. Baltimore, MD 21214
- Hours: 11:00am-9:00pm 7 Days a Week
Native Baltimoreans know that when it comes to the perfect warm-weather dessert, nothing beats a good snowball. One Sweet Moment has been serving up the best snowballs in Baltimore since 1993, with over 150 premium flavors (some of which you won’t find anywhere else!). Their 2018 season starts in March, so once the weather breaks, stop on by this shop and see what all of the buzz is about.
- Located at 802 S. Broadway Baltimore, MD 21231
- Hours: 11:00am-10:00pm Sunday-Thursday; 11:00am-11:00pm Friday-Saturday
Take a trip to Italy without ever leaving Baltimore by stopping by Pitango Gelato in historic Fells Point. This place serves up authentic Italian gelato and sorbets that embody the pure and fantastic flavors the founder recalls from his youth. If you want a healthier alternative to ice cream that doesn’t skimp on taste, Pitango is the way to go.
- Located at 6831 Harford Rd. Baltimore, MD 21234 (Baltimore City); 8900 Waltham Woods Rd. Baltimore, MD 21234 (North Plaza Shopping Center); 8200 Perry Hall Blvd.
Baltimore, MD 21236 (White Marsh Mall)
- Hours: Baltimore City: 8:00am-6:00pm Monday-Saturday, closed Sunday; North Plaza Shopping Center: 10:00am-8:00pm Monday-Saturday, 12:00pm-5:00pm Sunday; White Marsh Mall: 10:00am-9:00pm Monday-Saturday, 11:00am-6:00pm Sunday
With three locations in Baltimore alone, it’s no secret that Wockenfuss is the place for all of your candy needs. Serving the area for over 100 years, they offer delectable chocolates, fun candies, and seasonal treats and gifts perfect for all ages. If you need a quick sugar fix or want to make your next event extra special, Wockenfuss has you covered.
- Located at 3543 Chestnut Ave. Baltimore, MD 21211
- Hours: 8:00am-10:00pm Tuesday-Sunday; closed Monday
A self-proclaimed “playground for anyone with a sweet tooth,” the SweetSide Cafe is a local hotspot for dessert lovers. Enjoy elegant macarons, giant cookies, classic cupcakes, or cereal treats, or go all-out and order a cake for your next celebration. No matter what you choose, your tastebuds will thank you!
Searching for more Baltimore food recommendations?
Take a look at our other blog posts:
Whether you like a simple cup of drip coffee or a handcrafted latte, Baltimore has some ex...
If you’re a vegan or vegetarian living in Baltimore, you’re in luck. This area is pack...